Donghoon Yoon, Ph.D.
Donghoon Yoon, PhD, is an Assistant Professor at the Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy. Dr. Yoon completed postdoctoral training at the University of Utah and Baylor College of Medicine.He earned his PhD from the Department of Immunology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. He received a Master of Agriculture from Auburn University in Alabama and a Bachelor of Science from Sung Kyun Kwan University in Seoul, South Korea.
- McClain DA, Abuelgasim KA, Nouraie M, Salomon-Andonie J, Niu X, Miasnikova G, Polyakova LA, Sergueeva AI, Okhotin DJ, Cherqaoui R, Okhotin D, Cox JE, Swierczek S, Song J, Simon MC, Huang J, Yoon D, Prchal JT, and VR Gordeuk, 2013, “Decreased serum glucose and glycosylated hemoglobin levels in patients with chuvash polycythemia: a role for HIF in glucose metabolism,” Journal of Molecular Medicine, 91(1):59-67, PMID: 23015148
- Yoon D, Ponka P, and Prchal JT, 2011,”Hypoxia and Hematopoiesis”, Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. DOI: 10.1152/ajpcell.00044.2011
- Lee H, Maeng K, Dang H, Kang K, Jung JH, Kang H, Prchal JT, Yoo E, and D Yoon, 2011, “Methyl dehydro-jasmonate has anti-inflammatory effect cells and its molecular targets miR-155 and NF-kB pathway against LPS stimulation on RAW264.7.” Journal of Molecular Medicine, 89:83-90, DOI: 10.1007/s00109-010-0688-0, PMID: 20953575
- Yoon D, Okhotin D, Okhotin J, Okhotin D, Miasnikova GY, Sergueeva AI, Polyakova LA, Maslow A, Lee Y, Semenza GL, Prchal JT, and VR Gordeuk, 2010, “Increased Sizes of Liver, Spleen, Kidneys in Chuvash Polycythemia Associated with Up-regulation of HIF-2α.” Journal of Molecular Medicine, 88(5), 523-530.
- Yoon D, Bruchova H, Agarwal AM, Swierczeck S and JT Prchal, 2009, “Erythropoiesis in Polycythemia Vera Is Hyper-proliferative and Has Accelerated Differentiation; Potential Roles of MicroRNAs and Their Target Genes for Polycythemia Vera Pathogenesis”, Blood Cells, Molecules, Diseases, 43, 81-87
- Yoon D, Kim BJ, and JT Prchal, 2008, “Hematopoietic specific GATA-1-improved Cre Mouse for Erythroid-Specific Gene Modification”, Blood Cells, Molecules, Diseases, Vol 40(3) 381-387
- Domenico ID, Vaughn MB, Yoon D, Kushner JP, Ward DM and J Kaplan, 2007, “Zebrafish as a model for defining the functional impact of mammalian ferroportin mutations”, Blood, Nov;110 3780-3783
- Bruchova H, Yoon D, Agarwal AM, Mendell J, JT Prchal, 2007, “The Regulated Expression of miRNAs in Normal and Polycythemia Vera Erythropoiesis”, Journal of Experimental Hematology, 35(11): p. 1657-1667
- Yoon D, Pastore YD, Divoky V, Liu E, Mlodnicka AE, Rainey K, Ponka P, Semenza GL, Schumacher A and JT Prchal, 2006, “HIF-1a-deficiency results in dysregulated erythropoietin signaling and iron homeostasis in mouse development”, Journal of Biological Chemistry, 281(35):25703-25711
- Mnjoyan Z, Yoon D, Li J, Delhommeau F, and V Afshar-Kharghan, 2006, “JAK2 Mutation Increases PRV-1 Expression”, Haematologica, 91:411-412